Copyright © 2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 Stiftung Deutsches Elektronen-Synchroton,
Member of the Helmholtz Association, (DESY), HAMBURG, GERMANY.
All dCache® components provided by DESY are distributed subject to the following license conditions:
Software dCache Versions 1.7.0,1.8.0,1.9.0
The following terms shall be used in the license agreement with the following standard meanings
- Description of composition, architecture and/or structure of the programming process and/or functionalities of the program, irrespective of whether they were done in the Source Code or separately.
- The agreement concluded between the licensor and you
- Every natural or legal entity who has accepted this License.
- Every computer program which has been distributed or made publicly available by the Licensor in accordance with the terms of this License.
- Object Code
- The machine-readable form of the Program.
- Not solely directed towards a certain group of people who have a personal connection to each other or are associated through their affiliation with a legal person or public organisation.
- Making Publicly Available
- The public distribution of the Program in an immaterial form, in particular, by making it available for download in data networks.
- The author(s) or other holders of the exclusive right to use for the Program.
- Source Code
- The form of the Program represented in programming language and readable for humans.
- Any extension, shortening and/or alteration of the Program, including, but not limited to further developments.
- The public passing on of material copies to third parties, in particular, onto storage devices or in connection with hardware.
- Complete Source Code
- The Source Code in the form used for preparation and/or modification together with the configuration files and software tools required for compilation and installation, provided that these are not commonly used in the required form (e.g. standard compiler) or can be downloaded by any Internet user without license fee.
- You may use, reproduce and distribute the Program and make it publicly available in an unmodified form.
- You may modify the Program and reproduce modified versions, combine the Program or parts thereof with other programs solely for internal research use.
Distribution of modified versions and making them publicly available is subject to prior written consent of the licensor.
- You obtain the rights free of charge.
- Other than the licenses expressly granted in this License, the Licensor retains all rights, title, and interest in the program.
- If you distribute the Program or make it publicly available, be it in unmodified or modified form, be it in combination with other programs or in connection with hardware, you also have to provide or include the following:
- all references to this License in the Source Code and/or Object Code;
- all references in the Source Code and/or Object Code containing information about the author of the Program;
- a conspicuous reference to this License and the Internet address www.dCache.ORG, to be displayed in a form that can easily be read by the recipient;
- the complete text of this License in a form easy to perceive.
- If license and/or contract terms are displayed when the Program is installed and/or started, the following items must also be displayed:
- this License;
- a reference to this License; and
- a reference to the Licensor to the initial program components used under this License.
- You may not make the use of the Program contingent upon the compliance with conditions or obligations that are not set forth in this License.
- Provided that you have received Documentation for the Program, you have to deliver this Documentation with the Program, as well, unless free delivery of the Documentation is not permitted by the documentation license.
- You may only distribute modified versions of the Program or make them publicly available in accordance with the terms of this License, especially those in Section 1, par. 2, so that any third party is able to make use of the modified Program as a whole under this License.
- If the Program or a part thereof is combined with another program, this also applies to the entire combination as a modified version of the Program, unless the other program is independent in terms of form and content. Another program shall be regarded as independent if it fulfils the following requirements:
- The Source Code of the combined programs must be contained in separate files which do not include components of the other part except for parts containing the information customary and required for the Program combination. The Source Code of the other program does not have to be delivered.
- The part which is combined with the Program must also be reasonably usable when not combined with the Program, i.e. on a standalone basis or with other programs. The meaning of "reasonably usable" will be based on the opinion of pertinent circles of expert groups in the relevant field. Such circles of experts include everyone who develops, uses, distributes or makes publicly available the Program concerned or programs with similar functionality.
- If you distribute the Program or make it publicly available in a modified form, you must include a reference to the modifications and the date of the modification in the Source Code. This reference must reveal which modifications were carried out and include existing references containing information on the author of the Program. This applies to whether or not you add your own copyright notice. Instead of a reference in the Source Code you may also use or carry on a version control system, provided this is also distributed or made publicly available.
- You may not charge any third party for the granting of the non-exclusive rights of use for the Program.
- If you acquire any other intellectual or industrial property right to this Program apart from a copyright, in particular a patent or utility model, you license this intellectual or industrial property right for modified or unmodified versions of the Program to the extent that is necessary to make due use of the rights arising from this License.
- If you distribute the Program in Object Code form only, apart from the obligations defined in Sections 2 and 3, you have to either:
- make the Complete Source Code publicly available in the Internet and - when distributing the Object Code - make a clear reference to the complete Internet address from which the Source Code can be downloaded; or
- distribute the Complete Source Code on a customary data carrier, taking into consideration Sections 2 and 3.
- If you make the Program publicly available in Object Code form, apart from the obligations defined in Sections 2 and 3 you must also make the Complete Source Code publicly available in the Internet and make a clear reference to the complete Internet address.
- Provided that you have received the Documentation for the Program, you have to deliver this Documentation together with the Program in accordance with Subsections 1 and 2, as well, unless free delivery of the Documentation is not permitted by the documentation license.
- With this License you and any other person are offered the conclusion of a contract for the use of this Program under the conditions of this License.
- You may use the Program in accordance with the applicable statutory provisions for the intended purpose without having to accept this License. In the European Union and in most other legal systems, this right in particular includes the following authorizations:
- Running of the Program as well as reproducing on hard-drive and RAM required for this;
- Making of a back-up copy;
- Correcting errors;
- Distributing a lawfully acquired physical copy of the Program.
- You declare your acceptance of this License by distributing the Program, making it publicly available, modifying or reproducing it in a way that goes beyond the intended use in the sense of Subsection 2. From this time on, this License shall be deemed as a legally binding agreement between the Licensor and you, without the need for the Licensor to obtain a declaration of acceptance.
- You and any other licensee acquire the rights arising from this License directly from the Licensor. Any sub-licensing or transfer of rights is not permitted.
The License is governed by and construed under German law.
The License may be obtained under www.dCache.ORG.